The course “Teaching Entrepreneurship in Schools” allows participants to practice product development and business modelling in order to experience how to teach basic entrepreneurship concepts. The course follows experiential learning including case studies, field work, thinking tools, interactive games and moderated discussions. Key learning concepts include managing expectations of pupils about the entrepreneurship course, lean start-up, design thinking.
- The main objective of the course is to prepare the participants to professionally lead an entrepreneurship course in a high or vocational school. By the end of the course participants will have a substantial understanding of tools for facilitating entrepreneurial skills among their students. They will get teaching guidelines for teaching core entrepreneurial competencies, including business modelling, design thinking and business planning. The specificities of different forms of entrepreneurship will be emphasized (i.e. social, women, technology, local and eco entrepreneurship).
Methodology In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both formal and informal education methodologies. We’ll start with an introduction of the new methodology and also with a theoretical approach. In order to stimulate the active participation of them we will use dynamic activities, like: study cases; discussions in the classroom with directors of private institutes; role-plays; guidelines, technical visits in private companies for job shadowing and workshops. Coursework will contain a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge, often allowing the teachers to interact with the e-learning systems in a hands-on way. They will practice the necessary skills in order to be able to effectively use their own knowledge learned with their own students.
1st Day: Meeting of participants and tutors, transport to the accommodation and room allocation. Welcome Day and presentation of the agenda for the upcoming days including information about Italian culture and Erasmus + and info about the Hosting Organization and the city.
2nd Day: Lesson :Icebreakers, personal learning & action plan, introduction to entrepreneurships Managing pupils’ expectations about the entrepreneurship course, challenges of technology in entrepreneurship. Lesson how to include icebreakers into the entrepreneurship course.
3rd Day: Lesson Contemporary business models, canvas business modelling, innovation practice.
- Study visit in innovative company.
4th Day: Lesson Lean start-up, creating, finding and pursuing business opportunities.
- Different approaches to market and user’s analysis.
- Field work: user’s analysis.
- Users data interpretation.
- Challenges in teaching design thinking.
5th Day: Lesson Conceptualization, creating ideas, teaching creativity.
- Teaching and practicing a short presentation, creative presentation of business ideas.
- Key learning points, action plan, conclusion. Certificate ceremony and preparations for leaving.
6th Day: Return
from 10/03/2019 to 23/03/2019
from 26/05/2019 to 08/06/2019
from 14/07/2019 to 27/07/2019
from 13/10/2019 to 26/10/2019
from 24/11/2019 to 07/12/2019
from 09/02/2020 to 23/02/2020
from 24/03/2020 to 07/04/2020
from 17/05/2020 to 31/05/2020
from 14/06/2020 to 28/06/2020
from 13/09/2020 to 27/09/2020
from 22/11/2020 to 06/12/2020