Tourim of All
Engage in social tourism is to meet the need that all human beings have the human right to rest. The right to tourism is a concrete expression of this general right and the will to make it accessible to all.
This is a fundamental concept of life, an essential point of the members of Giovani per l’Europa which for this purpose has activated inside an area dedicated to social tourism, with the aim of enhancing the area and provide opportunities for recreation and cultural growth, for people with limited disposable income, the young, the elderly, and foreigners, with the aim of better social integration.
To achieve these goals Giovani per l’Europa builds or manages projects of tourist and recreational activities in the field of social tourism such as:
– Organization of cultural events, seminars and conferences;
– Organization of tours and trips cultural tourism;
-Educational trips to low-income students;
– Educational activities for disadvantaged;
-Cooperation and programming that is of national and international projects to enable the tourist exchange;
UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
GLOBAL CODE OF ETHICS FOR TOURISM
The prospect of direct and personal access to the discovery and enjoyment of the planet’s resources constitutes a right equally open to all the world’s inhabitants; the increasingly extensive participation in national and international tourism should be regarded as one of the best possible expressions of the sustained growth of free time, and obstacles should not be placed in its way;
- The universal right to tourism must be regarded as the corollary of the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay, guaranteed by Article 24 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Article 7.d of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights;
- Social tourism, and in particular associative tourism, which facilitates widespread access to leisure, travel and holidays, should be developed with the support of the public authorities;
- Family, youth, student and senior tourism and tourism for people with disabilities, should be encouraged and facilitated.