Description of the course:
Learning through play is a term used in education and psychology to describe how a child can learn to make sense of the world around them. Through play children can develop social and cognitive skills, mature emotionally, and gain the self-confidence required to engage in new experiences and environments. According to proponents of the concept, play enables children to make sense of their world. Children possess a natural curiosity to explore and play acts as a medium to do so. Teachers today face quickly-changing expectations and need a broad and sophisticated set of competences with an ability to adapt to different learning environments in order to maintain their high quality teaching. To respond to the changing demands teachers need good support and opportunities for Continuing Professional Development. For this reason Giovani per l’Europa offers a course on: Learning by playing, Learning by doing. The course aims to teach effective methods to Learning through play, it will develop into a series of lessons acts to enhance the methods of communication of the participant, and enhancing working capacity of the participant.
Train teachers will be able to:
- Help children recognize the concepts that emerge as they grapple with the environment, make hypotheses, recognize similarities and differences, and solve problems
- Using games to teach social Skills
- Provide social knowledge while allowing children the opportunity to learn the physical and logico-mathematical knowledge that helps them understand the world around them
- Choose the best materials and tools in order to provide the motivation for children’s exploration and discovery.
- Using game to teach foreign languages
- Using game to teach literature
Methodology: In the framework of Erasmus Plus Programme, we are going to develop our courses based in both formal and informal education methodologies. We’ll start with an introduction of the new methodology and also with a theoretical approach. In order to stimulate the active participation of participants we will use dynamic activities, like: study cases; discussions in the classroom with directors of private institutes; role-plays; guidelines, technical visits , meeting with experts, using the method of learning by playing, who will explain the secrets of the method. Coursework will contain a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge.
1st Day: Meeting of participants and tutors, transport to the accommodation and room allocation.Welcome Day and presentation of the agenda for the upcoming days including information about Italian culture and Erasmus + and info about the Hosting Organization and the city.
2nd Day: lesson: meeting with an expert with the method Learning by playing, who will explain how to use games in classroom. Brainstorming. Sharing new ideas and new games.
3rd Day: lesson:
- First Game of the Week.
- Brainstorming session -experiences of participants.
- Introduction to Game based learning and Gamification in education.
- Gamification theory.
- Why use games at school?
- Group and individual work.
- Reflection of the day.
4th Day: Lesson on:
- Using co-creative, experiential and activating methods in game based learning.
- Authentic environment as game ground.
- Combining games and mobile technology.
- Creating games on SmartFeet-platform
5th Day: Lesson:
- Playing of demo game.
- Working in pairs with SmartFeet.
- Reflection of the day.
6th Day: Lesson and Social and Cultural activities and city tour
7th Day: Rest Time
8th Day: Lesson: The role of education technology in education field, for career evolution , communication system in the life of the student.
9th Day: Lesson: Learning to communicate with the right words and the right tone, learn to use the correct methods in any kind of situation. Organization skills . Instruct the students to be ready to create their own career according to the labor market.
10th Day: Lesson/Meeting with successful men and women, who were able to apply their skills in the field of labor. Questions and answers time.
11th Day: Lesson:
- How to invest in themselves, how to build a rock-solid reputation
- learn how to write a motivation letter and a CV
- Learn how to face a job interview
12th Day: Lesson: Assessment of people in the group and sample, how to create a successful personality. Provide effective teaching with constant professional commitment, giving students knowledge and motivation. Evaluation of the Training Course. Certificate Ceremony and overall evaluation meeting with the host organization and the beneficiaries.
13th Day: Free time and cultural activities.
14th Day: Preparing for departure.
from 10/03/2019 to 23/03/2019
from 26/05/2019 to 08/06/2019
from 14/07/2019 to 27/07/2019
from 13/10/2019 to 26/10/2019
from 24/11/2019 to 07/12/2019
from 09/02/2020 to 23/02/2020
from 24/03/2020 to 07/04/2020
from 17/05/2020 to 31/05/2020
from 14/06/2020 to 28/06/2020
from 13/09/2020 to 27/09/2020
from 22/11/2020 to 06/12/2020